How to install EASI’R for Microsoft Outlook on your Computer
- Step-by-step installation description for Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 for Windows, using the Installer.
First of all, some good news to the readers of this manual: Installing the EASI’R Outlook-Add-in is simple and can be done without any special prior knowledge. Below, we will show you how you can install the add-in, in only 7 steps on your computer. If you should encounter any difficulties, our Support team will be happy to assist you (contact information at the end of this manual).
- Microsoft Outlook must already be installed on your computer.
- You need to have a valid EASI’R login.
1. Start Microsoft Edge / IE and open the following url: “http://static.easir.com/outlook/setup.exe”. (where applicable, mark URL with computer mouse, perform right-hand click, then choose copy, click into browser, perform right-hand click, then choose paste)
2. Click “Run” in the popup in the bottom, when the download is complete.
3. The "Windows Defender SmartScreen" will ask you to confirm to run this app. Simply click on "More info" and then on "Run anyway". Running this app on your computer is completely save!
4. Then, click “Install” when the so called Microsoft Office Customization Installer is shown.
5. Please wait for the installer to download the required files. As soon as the Microsoft Office customization has been installed successfully, please click “close”.
6. Now, please go back to your Outlook email surface. You can see that the EASI'R Outlook add-in is now displayed in the top ribbon menu (see screenshot). In order to make sure that the add-in will always be available when you're opening an email message, you have to “pin” the EASI’R add-in via the next step.
- To do so, click the EASI’R icon in the top ribbon menu.
- Then, click the “pin” icon on the far right in the top ribbon menu. Please also copy or note the 6 digit green code, shown in the same section further down.
- Then, pretend to compose a new email so that your email window opens. Here, first click the EASI’R icon in the top ribbon menu, and then also click the “pin” icon here.
7. Almost done! With this final step, you now just need to connect Outlook and EASI’R. To do so, please follow the description shown in Outlook:
- Open your internet browser. Login to EASI'R on your web browser and navigate to your user profile.
- Now, click the "Activate app" button underneath your profile picture.
- Afterwards, please insert the 6 digit code shown in Outlook (see point 8, second bullet point) into the field and click “Activate app”.
You should now receive a notification on your screen, confirming that the app has been successfully activated.
That’s it, you are now able to start working with EASI’R for Outlook!
If you should encounter any problems during the installation process, please contact the EASI’R Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help you!
If you want to uninstall the Add-in, please click here.