How to install EASI’R for Microsoft Outlook on your Computer
- Step-by-step installation description for Outlook 2019, Office 365, and Outlook for Mac
First of all, some good news to the readers of this manual: Installing the EASI’R Outlook-Add-in is simple and can be done without any special prior knowledge. Below, we will show you how you can install the add-in, in only 8 steps on your computer. If you should encounter any difficulties, our Support team will be happy to assist you (contact information at the end of this manual).
- Microsoft Outlook must already be installed on your computer.
- You need to have a valid EASI’R login.
There are two ways to install the EASI’R Outlook-Add-in: Either via ‘Install Add-In’ or via ‘File’. This document will explain the installation via ‘Add-in’. If this does not work for you, please find the other installation guide here.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer. Then, click "Inbox" (or, alternatively, any other folder of your email inbox). You will now be able to see the "Get Add-ins" icon in the top ribbon Outlook menu. Click on this icon.
As a result of the previous step, now a dialogue window with the heading “Add-Ins for Outlook” has opened. Click "My add-ins" on the left side in the section “All”.
- Scroll down until you see the button "Add a custom add-in". Click it and select "Add from URL" from the dropdown menu.
- Now, a dialogue window opens with the title “Add private add-in from a URL”. Please copy the following URL https://outlook.easir.com/manifest.xml from this manual (where applicable, mark with computer mouse, perform right-hand click, then choose copy) and paste it into the field "Enter the URL of the add-in's manifest file” (perform right-hand click with computer mouse, then choose paste). Afterwards, click “OK” in this window. If that worked, please proceed with step 5. If not, please proceed with steps 4a, 4b, and 4c.
4. a) Before we can add the needed EASI’R manifest file, you first need to download it to your computer. To do so, please copy the following URL https://app.easir.com/outlook/manifest.xml from this manual (where applicable, mark with computer mouse, perform right-hand click, then choose copy), open a new tab on your browser and paste the URL. You will see a window that looks like this (cropped screenshot in this manual):
4. b) Now, please save all the information on this screen on your computer by pressing Command+S as a Mac user, or by pressing Ctrl+S if you use Windows.
4. c) Go back to step 3 of this manual and click "Add from file". Find the manifest you just saved and select it
- Now, a dialogue window with the title “Warning” opens. Please click "Install" to confirm.
- The EASI'R add-in has now been installed for your Microsoft Outlook Account and is listed under “Custom add-ins”. You can now close this window.
- Now, please go back to your Outlook email surface. You can see that the EASI'R Outlook add-in is now displayed in the top ribbon menu (see screenshot). In order to make sure that the add-in will always be available when you're opening an email message, you have to “pin” the EASI’R add-in via the next step.
- To do so, click the EASI’R icon in the top ribbon menu.
- Then, click the “pin” icon on the far right in the top ribbon menu. Please also copy or note the 6 digit green code, shown in the same section further down.
- Then, pretend to compose a new email so that your email window opens. Here, first click the EASI’R icon in the top ribbon menu, and then also click the “pin” icon here.
- Almost done! With this final step, you now just need to connect Outlook and EASI’R. To do so, please follow the description shown in Outlook:
- Open your internet browser. Login to EASI'R on your web browser and navigate to your user profile.
- Now, click the "Activate app" button underneath your profile picture.
- Afterwards, please insert the 6 digit code shown in Outlook (see point 8, second bullet point) into the field and click “Activate app”.
You should now receive a notification on your screen, confirming that the app has been successfully activated.
That’s it, you are now able to start working with EASI’R for Outlook!
If you should encounter any problems during the installation process, please contact the EASI’R Support team at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help you!
If you want to uninstall the Add-in, please click here.