A contact is your customer, a person that you are in contact with. There are two types of contacts:
- Private contact: This is a private customer, also called B2C. All private contacts are collected in one Account for all private customers.
- Business contact: This is B2B-contact, i.e. a customer who is representing a company. A business contact always requires the existence of an account, which collects all business contacts of said company. Read more about accounts here.
If you have other systems integrated into EASI’R, contacts might also be imported and/or synchronised from these systems.
A case always requires a contact, but a contact can exist without a case.
Every contact, no matter of business or private contact, has their own contact page. This is how it looks like:
We will now go through the various parts in detail
The five icons shown here tell you what kind of actions you can take.
- Note: Create a note in order to remember important information. At the same time, you can plan a next step, which will then be shown under the case’s ‘Planned’ section and in your task list.
- Meeting: Click this icon, if you just had a meeting with a contact. You can also add a note, plan a reminder and send an email at the same time.
- Email: Click this to send an email to a contact. Again, you can add a note and plan a reminder.
- Call: Here you can register a call you had with your contact. Soon you will be able to directly call your customers from EASI’R!
- Letter: Write a letter and download it for printing. Also here, you can add a note and plan a reminder.
You can create activities right here from the contact page without having to go to a cases first! To learn more about how activity creation works, click here.
The main section contains several parts:
- Contact information:
Here you find more detailed contact information in addition to the information in the left sidebar.
These are all the cases related to this contact. You can choose to see all, open, closed or declined cases. You have the option to search for cases, just like you now it from the case list. And you can create a new case for your contact here.
- Planned & History: Everything that happened in connection with this customer is listed here - no matter what case it relates to. You can sort the historic events by time period, activity source, and case.
- Attachments: Any document sent to or received in email correspondences with this contact are shown here. Documents can also simply be uploaded without being used in a specific case. You could for example upload a scan of your contact's driver license.
- About & Communication: Here you can see the case contact and the most relevant contact information: Email address and phone number.
- Consent: Has your contact given consent to being contacted via phone, email or letter? Save this information here, so it is available at a glance.
- Address: You can see his or her address, or, if it is B2B customer, the respective account’s address.
- Responsible user: At the end, you can see who is the responsible user for this specific contact. By default, the responsible user is the user who originally created the contact. The responsible user can be edited at any time.
All information visible here can be edited by clicking on the respective 'pen' icon
Create non-case specific notes about this customer. Case notes will also be shown here, but you can use the filter to decide if you want to see all notes, case notes, or other notes. It is also possible to search though notes.