How to install EASI’R for Microsoft Outlook on your Computer
- Step-by-step installation description for Outlook 2019, Office 365, and Outlook for Mac
First of all, some good news to the readers of this manual: Installing the EASI’R Outlook-Add-in is simple and can be done without any special prior knowledge. Below, we will show you how you can install the add-in, in only a few steps on your computer. If you should encounter any difficulties, our Support team will be happy to assist you (contact information at the end of this manual).
- Microsoft Outlook must already be installed on your computer.
- You need to have a valid EASI’R login.
There are two ways to install the EASI’R Outlook-Add-in: Either via ‘Install Add-In’ or via ‘File’. This document will explain the installation via ‘File’. If this does not work for you, please find the other installation guide here.
- Please open Microsoft Outlook on your computer. Then, click "File" in the top left corner.
- Now, a new window with the heading “Account Information” has opened. Click "Manage Add-ins" further down on the page.
- A new window should have opened, called “Manage add-ins”. Please click the “+” icon here.
- As a result of the previous step, a new window should have popped up on the right side of your screen, called “Add add-in from a file.”
- Before we can add the needed EASI’R manifest file, you first need to download it to your computer. To do so, please copy the following URL https://outlook.easir.com/manifest.xml from this manual (where applicable, mark with computer mouse, perform right-hand click, then choose copy), open a new tab on your browser and paste the URL. You will see a window that looks like this (cropped screenshot in this manual):
- Now, please save all the information on this screen on your computer by pressing Command+S as a Mac user, or by pressing Ctrl+S if you use Windows.
- Then, navigate back to Outlook. The window opened with step 4, called “Add add-in from a file” should still be open. Please click the “Browse” button. You can now browse your computer, find the manifest where you just saved it, and click on it for upload. Then, click next.
- Now, a window has opened that warns you that your EASI’R add-in isn’t from the Office store. That is fine, so please just confirm that you’ve read this notification by clicking the button “Install”.
- The next window informs you that you have added an add-in for Outlook. Please click “OK”.
- Great, the EASI'R add-in has now been installed for your Microsoft Outlook Account and is listed in your add-ins list. Just a few more steps and you’re done!
- Now, please go back to your Outlook email surface. You can see that the EASI'R Outlook add-in is now displayed in the top ribbon menu.
If the icon is not there, click on the three dots in the right corner of the email you are looking at, and find the EASI'R icon further down in the list.
- Then, click the “pin” icon on the far right in order to make sure that the add-in will always be available when you're opening an email message.
- Please also copy the green activation code, shown in the same section further down. Click 'Activate'.
- EASI'R opens in a new window and if you are not already logged in, please do. Now you can enter your activation code in order to connect your EASI'R account with your Outlook account. If the below form does not automatically show, you can also activate your app via your EASI'R user profile. By clicking 'Activate your app', your two accounts will be connected.
That’s it, you are now able to start working with EASI’R for Outlook!
If you should encounter any problems during the installation process, please contact the EASI’R Support team at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help you!
If you want to uninstall the Add-in, please click here.