A relations path consists of a number of steps that show the progress of a case. The steps in a relations path are called milestones, and they show the progress towards the goal of your case, for example a sales contract or a satisfaction survey. Each relations path can consist of any number of milestones and supportive activities.
In order to create a relations path, please follow this description:
- Click on your user name and then on 'Settings’ -> 'Case management’ -> 'Relations paths'.
- Click 'Create Relations Path' in the top right corner.
- Enter a meaningful name.
- You can choose a next relation path, product categories, and roles.
- Specify default templates that are used if no other template is chosen.
- Now you can start adding milestones. You can add as many milestones as you need. They show the progress of your case towards its goal. Click 'Add milestone activity'.
- Open the milestone configuration by clicking :
- Give a meaningful name, that indicates what this milestone achieves (e.g. first contact, test drive, offer). A description is optional.
- Milestone type: In order for test drives, offers, etc to be properly registered, a milestone needs to be of that specific type. So if you are creating a milestone activity "Offer", please check the corresponding milestone type offer.
- Set the status: Here you can decide, if the case should remain open, or will be closed when this milestone is registered in a case.
- Next follow-up suggestion: Enter the time you want to be between the registration of this milestone and the next planned step. When planning a next step, the date will then be pre-selected depending on the time you entered here.
- Content suggestions: Create pre-set contents for email and letter communication from within EASI’R. Admins can specify content suggestions in global relations paths that are available to all teams in that company. Team admins and group admins can create content suggestions (for milestones in global as well as team/group-specific relations paths) that are only visible to their team or group respectively.
- Extra step: Give more precise information about a milestone. For example, if a milestone closes a case with a sale, the extra steps could give information about the payment options: "cash", "financing", "leasing".
- Create more milestones by following the above description.
- In addition to milestones, you can also add supportive activities to a relations path. Every relations path needs to have at least one supportive activity, that will then be set as default. They work the same way as milestones, however only supportive activities can set the status of a case to "declined". "Declined" is used when a case ends without reaching its goal. Read more about the different case status here.
When you have created all needed milestones and supportive activities, or whenever you want to save your current progress, click 'Save Relations path'. You can now create cases with this relations path.
The labels 'Company', 'Group', or 'Team' in your list of relations path show if a relations path was created by a team admin, group admin or admin. A relations path created by a team is only visible to members of that team. If it was created by a group, it is visible to all members of the group. Company-wide relations path are visible to all users. (Unless a specific role was added to a relations path)
If you can see no label on a relations path, this means that the relations path lays within your access level.